Well, I know what breakfast looks like chez Miller for the rest of forever. Actually, you do too since I shared the above picture. These biscuits are a keeper and I recommend that you commit this recipe to memory and then clear your cache and tell everyone you made it up yourself. You’re welcome.
What You Need:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan shortening
- ¾ cup “buttermilk” (recipe here)
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place sifted flour into bowl, add shortening and use pastry blender or fork to cut shortening into small particles.
3. Add “buttermilk” a little at a time until a medium-soft dough is formed. (More may be needed if dough is too hard.)
4. Turn out onto floured surface, and dust with more flour. Pat with hands to form ball. Fold dough three times and then roll out and cut.
5. Place in pan with edges touching. Brush with vegan butter if you’re feeling extra fancy (Note: I’m always feeling extra fancy).
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 – 13 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Bask in the glory of being your family’s vegan chef and start planning the rest of your B&B menu.
Recipe from Jewish Vegan